Mental Health Association Events
February 12th -
The Mental Health Association is offering , "Parenting for a New Generation" a one day parenting workshop, the second Tuesday of every month starting February 12, 2013.
Time: 8:30am-4:30pm (lunch will be provided)
Location: Mental Health Association, 555 N. Woodlawn, Ste 3105 Wichita, KS 67208
Fee: $85 (cash/check/credit) payment must be received on day of workshop
The contents of this workshop have been approved by court.
Topic/Goals of Workshop:
- Understand child social and emotional development and milestones
- Understand childhood behavior/misbehavior
- Learn age and developmentally appropriate discipline strategies
- Build self-esteem in kids and self, and develop confidence in parenting skills
- Learn to communicate effectively with children and build parent/child relationship
- Help parents learn how to encourage their children through positive praise and reward
- Discuss the impact of family violence and trauma and the affects on children and relationship development
- Instilling responsibility in kids
- Personal stress and time management
- Family communication patterns
- Positive behavior management strategies
- PROTECTIVE PARENTING by WASAC
(This part of the workshop will focus on the background information concerning incest and child sexual abuse, ways to approach personal safety with various age groups of children, some strategies for responding when a child discloses abuse, and how to report child abuse)
**A certificate of completion will be given at end of workshop for full day of attendance.**
WORKSHOP DATE OFFERINGS
Second Tuesday of Every Month
- February 12th, 2013
- March 12th, 2013
- April 9th, 2013
- May 14th, 2013
- June 11th, 2013
- July 9th, 2013
- August 13, 2013
- September 10th, 2013
- October 8th, 2013
- November 12th, 2013
- December 10th, 2013
Stephanie Cline x 294 email@example.com
Shalan Field x 239 firstname.lastname@example.org
June 28th - Botanica Gardens
Take a Stand Against Elder Abuse
The 8th Annual Elder Abuse Awareness Day
Friday, June 28, 2013
The event will be emceed by Larry Hatteberg and will have guest speakers presenting on elder abuse and neglect topics and how to protect yourself and others from abuse. Other activities include the Blue Grass Band, prize giveaways and vendors providing useful information for seniors. A light lunch will be provided.
Show you care about ending elder abuse and neglect by wearing something purple and joining us for a free fair.
Feel free to bring a non-perishable food donation for our community pantry.
For more information please contact 316.685.1821 ext.297
Thank you to our sponsors: Emprise Bank, Fidelity Bank, Intrust Bank, Credit Union of America, Wichita Crime Commision, Culligan and QuikTrip.