Compeer Mentoring / Friendships
Compeer is a program that matches caring, qualified and trained volunteers with adults and children in need of supportive friendships for the purpose of reducing the stigma associated with mental illness and improving the quality of life for persons served.
- Choose the type of match you want.
- Spend 1-2 hours a week with your Compeer friend.
- Enjoy shared interests/activities.
- Provides volunteer training and ongoing support.
- Compeer LIFE (Living Independently through Friendship & Education) provides recreational enrichment activities to adults and youth ages 14-18. (Restrictions apply.)
- Compeer Wichita - is the largest Compeer program in the State of Kansas.
- Compeer is a CARF accredited program (by the Commission for Accreditation of Rehabilitation Services)
- Compeer has received International awards from Compeer, Inc., including Outstanding
Leadership, Volunteer Recruitment, Public Relations, and Innovative Programs.
- Volunteer today by calling Ext. 497 or e-mail us
- Training and background checks are applicable.
Please click on the above Volunteer Opportunities Button to learn more about Compeer programs.
Click here to download a Compeer application and fax to 316-685-0768 or mail to:
Mental Health Association
555 N. Woodlawn, Ste. 3105
Wichita, KS 67208
Compeer is a national program. For more information please access: www.compeer.org .
Click here if you would like to make a donation to our Compeer Services.